Fable Sausage Rolls x The Kindness Echoes
An all time family favourite. Fit for a lazy afternoon with the kids or your neighbours BBQ lunch
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 people
An easy and delicious crowd pleaser you can make at home that we dare say rivals your local bakery. These meaty and irresistible pastry snacks will become your new go-to finger food choice, even your neighbours will be begging for the recipe (but a good chef never shares their secret).
- 250g Fable
- 2 tsp vegetable stock
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs or similar fresh oregano, rosemary, thyme
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to brush
- Rosemary, for good looks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180℃ fan-forced. In a large bowl, add Fable, stock and boiling water and let sit for 5 minutes to soften. Shred up Fable chunks with your hands or a fork. Drain out the water and leave a little moisture for the mixture. Add chopped onion, garlic, carrot, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and herbs to the bowl. Stir well together.
- Ensure your pastry is thawed well before continuing the next steps. Add ⅙ of meat filling to edge of pastry sheet and roll it up tightly. Repeat with all sheets. Chop each sheet into quarters and place on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush the tops of each pastry with olive oil and bake for 30-35 minutes. If the pastry is not golden brown, bake for 5 minute increments. Plate it up with your desired condiments and enjoy.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
Can't wait to share your feedback, or fun flavoured ideas?
Email — email@example.com
The Fable - About us
Terms & Conditions
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd