This is the perfect way to showcase the incredible taste and texture of Fable. This melt-in-your-mouth plant based slow-cooked ‘pulled pork’ or ‘braised beef’ burger with BBQ sauce, slaw and a soft brioche bun is in-it-to-win-it.
- 500g Fable thawed and separated
- 4 Brioche buns, halved
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp HP sauce
- ½ cup Sweet (Kansas City Style) Sticky Barbeque sauce
- 4 slices melty cheese or cheese alternative
- 1 cup shredded cabbage and carrot
- ¼ cup tart coleslaw dressing
- Heat oil in cast iron pan or saucepan. When hot, brown the Fable pieces for 3-5 minutes. Then add HP sauce and quickly coat all pieces and caramelise (don’t leave for too long). Then add the BBQ sauce.
- While grilling the Fable, toast the brioche buns and toss the cabbage and carrots in the coleslaw dressing
- Divide and group the Fable into four, burger-sized portions, then put the cheese on top to melt over the sauce
- With a solid spatula place the heated, sauced, cheesed Fable on the bottom buns, put ¼ of the coleslaw on top of each after the Fable, and finish with the top bun
- Serve with your favourite potatoes – sweet, wedges, fries, loaded you name it – anything goes. And just leave the utensils in the drawer!
Join our newsletter and be the first to know when we announce retail-partners, new product launches and be first on the list, when we host fancy pants parties.