- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp (with ½ cup boiling water)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 500g Fable
- 500ml Coconut Milk
- 4 Cardamon Pods, bruised
- 500ml Coconut Cream (do not shake the tins)
- 2-3 tbsp ready-made Massaman curry paste
- 8 baby Onions
- 8 baby Potatoes, cut in half if too large
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce (or your vegan preferred option)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 70g unsalted Roasted Ground Peanuts
- 1/2 handful Coriander (Cilantro) leaves to serve
- Red Chilli to serve
- Put the tamarind pulp and ½ cup boiling water in a bowl and set aside to cool. When cool, mash the pulp to dissolve in the water, then strain and reserve the liquid. Discard the pulp.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large saucepan and cook Fable over high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until browned. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside to add back in later.
- Fry the potatoes and cardamon pods for 3-5 minutes, then add the coconut milk and simmer for 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the thick coconut cream from the top of the tins in a saucepan bring to a rapid simmer over medium heat stirring occasionally, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture ‘splits’ (the oil starts to separate).
- Add the curry paste and onion, cook for 5 minutes or until paste becomes aromatic and onions soften.
- Add the slightly fried fable, potato mixture, fish sauce, sugar, peanuts and tamarind liquid, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve HOT with your side dish of choice.
Join our newsletter and be the first to know when we announce retail-partners, new product launches and be first on the list, when we host fancy pants parties.