Massaman Fable Curry
Traditional Thai- and Indian-style curry-fusion with Fable Plant Based Braised Beef
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp (with ½ cup boiling water)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 500g Fable
- 500ml Coconut Milk
- 4 Cardamon Pods, bruised
- 500ml Coconut Cream (do not shake the tins)
- 2-3 tbsp ready-made Massaman curry paste
- 8 baby Onions
- 8 baby Potatoes, cut in half if too large
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce (or your vegan preferred option)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 70g unsalted Roasted Ground Peanuts
- 1/2 handful Coriander (Cilantro) leaves to serve
- Red Chilli to serve
- Put the tamarind pulp and ½ cup boiling water in a bowl and set aside to cool. When cool, mash the pulp to dissolve in the water, then strain and reserve the liquid. Discard the pulp.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large saucepan and cook Fable over high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until browned. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside to add back in later.
- Fry the potatoes and cardamon pods for 3-5 minutes, then add the coconut milk and simmer for 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the thick coconut cream from the top of the tins in a saucepan bring to a rapid simmer over medium heat stirring occasionally, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture ‘splits’ (the oil starts to separate).
- Add the curry paste and onion, cook for 5 minutes or until paste becomes aromatic and onions soften.
- Add the slightly fried fable, potato mixture, fish sauce, sugar, peanuts and tamarind liquid, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve HOT with your side dish of choice.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
Can't wait to share your feedback, or fun flavoured ideas?
Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fable - About us
Terms & Conditions
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd