Fable Rillette by Heston Blumenthal
Rillette is like a classic French pâté, and is a great starter or accompaniment on a grazing platter
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 people
Rilette is traditionally made with slow-cooked pork but why not break with tradition and make a Fable rillette with smoked oil? It is quick and simple to make and delicious served thickly on crusty bread.
- 20g coconut oil, melted
- 10g grapeseed oil
- 6g smoking chips
- 100g Fable
- 10g sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh chives
- Toasted bread, to serve
- Pickled gherkins and picked red onion, to serve (optional)
- Whisk the coconut oil and grapeseed oil in a small bowl. Place the bowl on the rack of a smoking box and add half the smoking chips in the corner of the box. Ignite the chips and seal the box, smoking for 2 minutes. Add the remaining chips and smoke for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pull the Fable into thin strands and place into a bowl. Add the smoked oil mixture, sherry vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper, mixing well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a ramekin and smooth over the surface. Finely chop the chives, approx. 1 teaspoon and sprinkle on top of the rillette. Serve with toasted bread and pickled gherkins (or cornichons) and slices of pickled red onion on the side.
- This rillette can be made ahead of time and left in the fridge to set, but it should ideally be removed from the fridge approx. 30 minutes before serving.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd