Crispy Fable with Lemon Chive Mayo & Spiced Salt by Heston Blumenthal
Friend of Fable, Heston Blumenthal, has crafted this simple little dish that really shows off Fable’s flavour and texture
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 5g green cardamon pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5g coriander seeds
- 1 whole star anise
- 2g whole cloves
- 30g grapeseed oil
- 10g sea salt flakes
- Grapeseed oil
- 120g Fable
Lemon chive mayonnaise:
- 100g mayonnaise (sub vegan, if preferred)
- 10g chives
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For the spiced salt, place all the ingredients (apart from the sea salt flakes) to a blender or spice grinder and blitz to a fine crumb. Pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Stir the sea salt flakes in the fine powder and mix well to combine.
- For the crispy Fable, heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the Fable until crispy and golden on all sides. Remove and place onto a plate or tray lined with kitchen paper to drain.
- For the lemon chive mayonnaise, simply place the mayonnaise into a bowl. Finely chop the chives and stir into the mayonnaise along with the lemon juice.
- Serve the crispy Fable with the spiced salt and lemon chive mayonnaise.
You may not use all the spiced salt, but it will store well in a sealed container in your pantry.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd