- 250g Fable
- 400g Jap pumpkins, cut in into 3cm cubes
- 2-3 generous handfuls of baby spinach
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp of maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 4 tbsp tahini
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut pumpkin into 3cm cubes and place in a mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, maple syrup, a squeeze of lemon (appox 1 tbsp) and a pinch of salt. Whisk to incorporate and pour over pumpkin. Stir in, ensuring pumpkin pieces are evenly coated.
- Place pumpkin in a roasting tray and roast for 30 minutes or until slightly soft and caramelised. Once roasted, remove from oven and cool.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, roast pine nuts by placing in a dry pan over low to medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir frequently and do not take your eyes off them as they can burn very quickly. Once golden, take off heat and transfer into bowl immediately.
- To make the tahini dressing, combine tahini, 1 tbsp of olive oil, ¼ of the amount of minced garlic, a generous squeeze of lemon juice and generous pinch of salt. Whisk together with a fork and add 3-4 tbsp of warm water. Whisk with fork vigorously until combined and smooth. Add more water for thinner consistency. Adjust seasoning to desired taste and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in pan over medium heat. When hot, add remaining minced garlic and Fable and cook for 1 minute. Add ras el hanout spice, ensure it coats Fable evenly and continue frying. While cooking, press and agitate Fable in the pan with your wooden spoon so that it starts to break a part and caramelise. Cook for further 7-10 minutes. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a salad bowl, place spinach leaves, sliced onion, pumpkin and cooked Fable. Toss to combine. Drizzle generously with the tahini dressing and top with pine nuts.
Join our newsletter and be the first to know when we announce retail-partners, new product launches and be first on the list, when we host fancy pants parties.