We’ve even thrown in our ‘not-cho’ cheese sauce recipe – essential creamy goodness to please everyone, including your dairy die-hards.
- 2 bags of corn tortilla chips
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tub of sour cream of choice
Fable Nacho ‘Meat’
- 250g Fable pieces pulled apart into smaller pieces
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin beans, drained (kidney beans, black beans or cannellini beans)
- ¼ cup Chipotle sauce (reduce if you want less spicy)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
‘Not’-cho Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked at least 2hrs in room temperature water
- ½ brown onion, diced
- ½ large carrot, peeled diced
- ½ potato, peeled diced
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Nuttelex or preferred choice butter
- Salt to taste
- Optional: ¼ cup roasted red capsicum, diced
Pico de gallo
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapenos, diced
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak cashews for at least 2 hours in room temperature water
- Prepare Fable Nacho ‘meat’. Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottom pot and fry Fable until browned for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, for a further a few minutes until fragrant and caramelised.
- Add tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, chipotle sauce and spices and stir to evenly combine.
- Add beans and simmer at low heat for 20-30 minutes until excess liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, prepare the ‘not-cho’ cheese sauce by boiling diced onion, potato and carrot in 500ml of water in a saucepan for 30 minutes.
- Strain onion, potato and carrot and reserve the liquid.
- In a blender, add the cooked onion, carrot and remaining ‘not-cho’ cheese ingredients into a with ¼ of the reserved liquid.
- Puree in high speed adding the liquid slowly until desired consistency is achieved
- Add Nuttelex and puree to combine
- Optional: after blending, mix through the roasted diced red capsicum
- Season cheese sauce with salt to taste
- Prepare Pico de gallo by combining all ingredients
- With all nacho components ready, assemble by filling a large platter with the corn tortilla chips. Evenly distribute some warm Fable Nacho ‘meat’ on top, followed by the ‘not’-cho cheese sauce. Sprinkle on Pico de gallo and finish with diced avocado and dollops of your choice of sour cream.
Join our newsletter and be the first to know when we announce retail-partners, new product launches and be first on the list, when we host fancy pants parties.